From the Wires
MarketingSherpa Announces Winners of its Email Awards 2013
Free Special Report Outlines Winners' Best Email Marketing Strategies and Tactics
Dec. 11, 2012 02:56 PM
JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MarketingSherpa has announced its winners for Email Awards 2013. They were selected from hundreds of entries, based upon strategy, creativity, results, and integration into overall marketing programs.
Their work has been compiled in the MarketingSherpa Email Awards 2013 Special Report, sponsored by Responsys. Download a complimentary copy (at http://www.meclabs.com/training/marketing-summit/email-summit-2013/awards) to uncover the industry's smartest, most-effective innovations, as well as the campaign descriptions, sample emails, extensive results metrics, and judges' analyses.
"Our winners have leveraged audience and media segmentation to develop campaigns that spread their message and drive response. This is impressive, considering that email noise has never been louder, and capturing attention has never been more challenging," says lead judge Brad Bortone, Senior Research Editor, MarketingSherpa. "These campaigns are shining examples for other marketers to follow, which is why we've created this complimentary special report."
- NFL.com Newsletter (submitted by e-Dialog): The NFL took relevancy to a new level thanks to the work of e-Dialog. Their campaign treated NFL newsletter subscribers to exclusive real-time content about the teams they cared about, and even included countdowns to game time. Fans came to depend on these emails to stay abreast of timing for the next big kick-off. It's no wonder e-Dialog more than doubled newsletter open rates and increased clickthrough rates by 26%.
Best Promotional Email or Campaign
- Gold: bessergehen GmbH, "Leaving Traces with Intelligent Email Marketing"
- Silver: Sony Electronics, "Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2011"
- Honorable Mention: WWF Germany, "Email Redesign"
Best Triggered Email or Auto-Responder Series
- Gold: WeddingWire, "Welcome Series"
- Silver: L'Occitane, "Social Sign-in Offer"
- Honorable Mention: Sony Electronics, "New Buyer Dynamic Content Trigger Program"
- Honorable Mention: American Airlines, "Retargeting/Abandoned Search Trigger"
Best Email List Growth
- Gold: Blinds.com, "Entice and Engage $5,000 cash giveaway list building campaign"
- Silver: Noriel 500, "Noriel List email growth contest"
- Gold: NFL.com, "NFL.com Newsletter"
- Silver: Nurburgring Automotive GmbH, "Performance Increase with Profiling and Individualization"
- Honorable Mention: NC State University, "Matching Gift Program"
Best Audience Engagement
- Gold: Ritos GmbH, "OSRAM Innovation Store"
- Silver: Railey Mountain Lake Vacations, "Mobile-optimized Email Template"
- Honorable Mention: Adobe, "Adobe FormsCentral eNewsletter"
Best Email Innovation
- Gold: Sony Electronics, "Sony Email and Pinterest Collaboration"
- Honorable Mention: Dortmund Airport, "Videomail"
For more information and to download the free special report visit: http://www.meclabs.com/training/marketing-summit/email-summit-2013/awards
About MarketingSherpa (follow us @marketingsherpa or visit www.marketingsherpa.com)
MarketingSherpa publishes case studies, benchmark reports, exclusive research, how-to instructional materials and six content-specific newsletters for more than 237,000 content, email, inbound marketing, search, B2B and consumer marketing professionals each week. In its tenth year, the marketing research publisher has been praised by The Economist, Harvard Business School's Working Knowledge and Entrepreneur.com. Along with MarketingExperiments and InTouch, MarketingSherpa is part of the MECLABS Group, which offers marketers practical research data and information, professional training and networking summits.
About Responsys (follow us @responsys or visit www.responsys.com)
Responsys is a leading provider of email and cross-channel marketing solutions that enable companies to engage in relationship marketing across the interactive channels customers are embracing today—email, mobile, social, the Web and display. With Responsys solutions, marketers can create, execute, and automate highly dynamic campaigns and lifecycle marketing programs that are designed to grow revenue, increase marketing efficiency, and strengthen customer loyalty. Responsys' New School Marketing vision, flexible on-demand application suite, and customer success-focused services aim to deliver high ROI, increased levels of automation and fast time-to-value. Founded in 1998, Responsys is headquartered in San Bruno, California and has offices throughout the world. Responsys serves world-class brands such as: American Family Mutual Insurance Company, Avis Europe, Deutsche Lufthansa, Dollar Thrifty, LEGO, LinkedIn, Newegg, Orbitz, Qantas, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines and UnitedHealthcare. For more information about Responsys, visit responsys.com.