Today's Top SOA Links
From the Wires
Elite Traders Group Offers Insights on Shares of Bankrupt Air Travel Operator AMR Group Surging
The Following Is an Investment Opinion Being Issued by the Elite Traders Group LLC
By: Marketwired .
Jan. 18, 2013 02:11 PM
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/18/13 -- Shares of AMR Corp (PINKSHEETS: AAMRQ) have skyrocketed from $.36 per share to $1.60 (450%) per share since a proposed merger with US Airways (NYSE: LCC) was publicly announced in November 2012. For the same time period, United Airways stock has risen from about $12.00 per share to $15.00 (25%) per share.
Evolution of the Merger Process
In November 2011 AMR Corp filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Five months later, in April of 2012, US Airways made its first attempt at a merger, information that was not publicly released and largely ignored by the AMR Corp. The terms of a merger at that date would have given US Airways shareholders an interest in the combined companies of 50.1%, leaving 49.9% to satisfy the creditors of AMR Corp. In November 2012 US Airways came back to the negotiation with a merger proposal that would give AMR Corp creditors 70% of the newly formed enterprise and 30% to the shareholders of US Airways. This new sweetened proposal became public knowledge. The first reaction of AMR Corp CEO Tom Horton was to state the 70% stake was inadequate to satisfy the creditors of his company, but early this month he sent a memo to AMR Corp employees that the decision about a merger with US Airways was only weeks away.
Will Shareholders of AMR Corp Benefit From the Proposed Merger?
Historically, holders of common shares in a bankrupt company do not fare well. They are last in line behind trade creditors, preferred shareholders, bondholders, lenders, municipalities, taxing authorities and, of course, attorneys. The difference in the AMR Corp/US Airway proposed merger, and historical comparisons, is both companies are enjoying the prosperity of a great air travel marketplace. AMR Corp attorney Harvey Miller stated in a letter two weeks ago ultimately filed with the SEC, "Depending upon the ultimate strategic alternative adopted and pursued, there exists a reasonable possibility that there may be value for AMR equity holders." A clear indicator of the prospect for shareholder benefit would be the formation of an equity committee within the bankruptcy proceedings. With that being said, investors should know what is required to see any upside to AMR Corp shares. There are 335 million shares outstanding with a current value of approximately $1.50 per share meaning better than $500 million needs to be culled from the AMR Corp bankruptcy estate to give shareholders the full current value. When AMR Corp filed bankruptcy, the shortfall between its assets and liabilities was $4.9 billion, with $29 billion in liabilities, and its share price under a dollar per share. Bankruptcy is a snapshot in time. Creditors will receive a pro rata share of what they were owed in November of 2011 based upon the funds available to pay them. If any recovery were set aside for shareholders would it be based upon today's share value? Ask yourself what the benefit is to a newly formed, merged company that would issue new stock, in paying money to AMR Corp shareholders. Most likely any payout to shareholders will be nominal. (Get Full Report) http://www.firstpennypicks.com/get-your-free-research-report/
To Receive More Reports like this one Subscribe free at http://www.FirstPennyPicks.com
http://www.Firstpennypicks.com was developed as a beacon of hope in the micro-cap stock newsletter industry. We always hand-pick our alerts as opposed to biased advertising. This is why we are the fastest growing community of micro-cap traders on the web.
Please note that all media from Elite Traders Group LLC and FirstPennyPicks.com is investment opinion only. Elite Traders Group employees are not registered as an Investment Adviser in any jurisdiction whatsoever. This advertisement is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a recommendation to buy or sell securities in any of the profiled companies listed here.
FULL DISCLAIMER http://www.firstpennypicks.com/disclaimer/
NOTE* Elite Traders Group/ Firstpennypicks.com is not currently profiling the above mentioned companies but using them as an example of recent alerts by other newsletters
Subscribe to the World's Most Powerful Newsletters
Subscribe to Our Rss Feeds & Get Your SYS-CON News Live!
SYS-CON Featured Whitepapers
Most Read This Week